Here are 3 great reasons to leverage your time and understand its impact on your productivity.
Reason #1. By studying how you use your time you will be a better manager and increase your ability to focus on the most important areas of your life and your business.
Do you know where your time goes? Try keeping a time study log. For a specified period of time, maybe a week, write down everything that you do. Yes, everything. At the end of the day take a few minutes to review how you used your time. Were there times when you could have been more productive (i.e. waiting in a doctor's office, driving to work or a meeting)? Are there times of the day that you are more productive compared with others?
Here are some tips to help you stay focused:
1. Stay Hydrated
2. Take a quick walk (around the block or the office) to get up and away from your desk
3. Listen to some upbeat music to refocus your energy.
Reason #2. Leveraging Your Time Allows You to Achieve Your Goals Faster and More Efficiently
Do you have a set of written goals? Do you review them each day before you begin the day's journey? When you use your time wisely and don't waste time on non-important matters you get closer to your goals. Just the simple process of organizing your day can make you feel less stressed and more in control.
Here are some tips to make sure you reach your goals faster:
1. Write Down Your Goals
2. Organize Your Day (organizing your day into 10 or 15 minute blocks can be a great way to plan for all size projects.
3. Allow Time For Yourself (don't be afraid to take that break and refresh)
Reason #3. Leveraging Your Time (Really understanding the answer to, "Where did the day go?" helps you to continuously improve and learn. Learning helps you to keep producing good materials and products. Never stop learning, reading, trying new things and implementing them.
Here are some tips for making sure you never stop learning:
1. Write down your accomplishments and celebrate
2. Write down your challenges and ask others for support, ideas, and collaborative solutions
3. Find one new book, article, blog, etc. every day to keep you inspired and freshly focused
Leveraging your time only works when you leverage it in the right direction. Focus your energy and free yourself from the overwhelm of your day when you feel like you are drowning in the details. Take charge of your day, take charge of your week, reach your greatest potential by leveraging your time.